Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Monday, July 21, 2014

Back to School.....

It will be back to school for me and many of you!!! I go back August 1st but start back with meetings and things in the next 2 weeks. I am excited but sad because I feel like I have been in my own wonderful bubble with the kids. Sleeping in until 8:30 a.m., wearing a bathing suit and cover up with no makeup, and making plans with friends every week sure has spoiled me. On the positive side, I am so excited to see students and get the year going...then we have the holidays to look forward to!!!

I won't lie, this year will be a little scary. As many of you know, last year was my first year on the campus and this year most of the administrative team I worked with and loved will be gone. They moved on to other things and it is bittersweet. I am so happy for their new ventures but geez....I just really loved those people and learned so much from them! Our new administrator seems fabulous so I am sure it will be a great year. Change is just hard but usually ends up bringing so many neat experiences!

Okay.....so with back to school comes getting our offices ready. When I say ready, I hope to have mine decorated and organized. With that, I wanted to get my 2014-15 Office Starter Pack together in case anyone needed it to help get them started and I will be using it too. This is not just stuff I make to sell, it is stuff that I actually use. I am excited about this year's pack because I made it somewhat neutral and trendy so that it can be versatile. You can purchase it HERE!

I am still working on some units and powerpoints for guidance. I hope you find this helpful. I will also be posting a freebie this week so be on the lookout for that!!

I also wanted to share an awesome video many of you might have seen but I would hate to not share and someone miss out on it. Colbie Cailat came out with a beautiful song called "Try." Oh.my.word! I can't wait to use this for a self esteem group. Don't get me wrong, I love me some makeup and getting dolled up but I know that is not who I am. It does help me feel good about myself but at the same time, what example do we as women set for girls? This is a great video that shows how beautiful people can be....just being them. Our outward appearance should not define us...our hearts should.
Here is the video.
I hope y'all have a great week and soak up every bit of summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment