Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy 2016!

Y'all, I have missed you so much. Life has been busy and, to be honest, when life gets that way, blogging takes the back burner. Have you ever felt like you are running in circles keeping up with work and family? I am sure we all have. This school year has been a big learning curve for me. While I had last semester as an interim AP, this year has been FOR REAL! It has been all kinds of wonderful and I love learning something new each day but I am definitely keeping busy.

I have prepped some posts ahead of time so hopefully I can get in a post a week. I have also been working on half finished units. Some of these units are for teachers, counselors, and just general school stuff!! Now that I am an assistant principal, I am hoping to turn this into a one stop resource. Some of the upcoming posts I have are......

-Organization (School and Family Life)

-Goal Setting Ideas/Lessons

-Behavior Resources

-Growth Mindset

I hope you had a wonderful 2015 year. I learned a lot and enjoyed wonderful time with family! I definitely learned to enjoy every second since we are not guaranteed tomorrow. I learned to take time for ME so that I can refresh and be renewed for those around me. My husband and I ventured out a little more with the family on a few road trips, and we just savored being around those we love. There were tough and trying days but the good ones always outweigh the rough.

In 2016, I have a few goals. I hate to say resolutions because I feel that just means they will be broken!

-Be present with those around me

-Read more ( I have a stack of books I am dying to read-both educational and fun ones)

-Have quiet time every morning to start my day on a positive note

-Work out...haha....I purposely put that last because I am not so sure that will happen


I hope you all have a wonderful start back to school. I want to share this with each of you and it could be great to use in conversations with students....
I love the above because even if we make a mistake or have a bad day, the next morning brings a new chance for new choices and a new outlook. As the character from one of my favorite movies says....




What are some things you would like to see from The Stylish School Counselor? Fashion? A Fitness Journey (hey-it could give me some motivation)? Printables? Book Reviews? Comment below...and I hope you all enjoy the rest of your break and take time for YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment