Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy 2017

I hope you all had a wonderful 2016! A fresh, new year and a new school year are the two most exciting times for me. I love how it signifies a fresh start and an opportunity to become better or refine what you are rockin'.

When I began this blog back in 2012 (wow 4 years), I was an elementary counselor. My purpose for this blog was to share my journey at a Title 1 school with a diverse population all while throwing in bits of fashion and lessons/ideas. God has taken me on quite a journey in those few years from an elementary counselor to a middle school counselor, from a middle school counselor to a middle school assistant principal...and now back to where my heart is in elementary as an elementary assistant principal. While my topics may have changed, my purpose hasn't and that is to share ideas and resources, collaborate with you all, and have fun.

Thank you to those that are still hangin' in there and for those of you who have recently started following the blog. It has been amazing getting to know some of you (through Instagram and Facebook) and learning from you. I look forward to 2017 and blogging often is a goal of mine.

I am also excited to share with you a new blog by my friend, Melissa Ferguson. It will be up and running soon and I will share the link with you as soon as it's ready. She has a heart for teaching and counseling and I am eager to learn from what she posts. I mean, y'all.....she is the counselor at the school I work at, loves coffee, and loves Gilmore Girls. Enough said...you will love her.


My sweet friend, Megan, and I will still be blogging over at Principals with Purpose 
Also, a big congrats to her. She was just named as the elementary principal at a new school that will open in Fall 2017 in our district. So proud of her! I know she will impact so many in a positive way!
So...what's happening on the blog you ask?

There will be scheduled posts each Thursday here!!! I haven't decided a time but will post them on the Facebook page as soon as I know!

I also have a freebie for you all to kick off  the new year! I typed this up to put in my planner. It sounds cliche but I was jotting down my "why" after watching a video of Jon Gordon speak and I wanted to have it with me. I thought it would be a positive thing to have up in an office, classroom, or planner.
You can download it FREE here.


I received a message a few weeks ago about whether or not I will be doing an Instagram challenge soon. The answer is YES!!! Below are the details. Please feel free to share!

These are always fun and a great way to get to know each other and get a peek into each other's day. If you participate in at least 4 out of the 5 days your name will be put in a drawing. The winner will get a pack of my fav new Sharpie fine point pens in fun colors (pic below) shipped right to their door (thank you, Amazon)! This is not just for counselors, this is for everyone! :)




 Hope you all have a great rest of your break!


No comments:

Post a Comment