Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Sunday, February 1, 2015

National School Counselor's Week 2015

It's that time of year to celebrate all that you do. This is also a great time of year to advocate your school counseling program. Below are a list of ideas that you can use this week:

-School Announcements
Last year, I used ASCA's announcements. This year's resources are listed here.

-Certificates for Staff
As a teacher, I loved getting certificates to add to my portfolio. This is a great way to thank them for all that they do to support your campus program. Below you can find my freebie in my TPT store. I tried to keep it as generic as possible so that you can use it at any campus. There are two signature spots. If you're the only counselor on campus, you may sign it along with your administrator. If you have 2 counselors, there is room for both of you and if you have multiple counselors, you could possibly divide up staff and pair up and sign! You can get your freebie HERE!
-Cupcakes and Counselors
Have cupcakes set up somewhere on campus along with counseling information for the staff to come pick up on breaks.I have done this before at the elementary level and called it Donuts and Data. I had donuts set up along with brochures I had made with data on our school counseling program (ex. number of guidance lessons to date, number of students seen individually broken up by reason, number of small group sessions done, etc). What better way for your staff to see how amazing your program is????

-Proclamation
Want to make it official? Have a proclamation done in honor of School Counseling Week!

Check out other great resources from ASCA HERE!

I hope you all have an amazing School Counseling Week and that your school celebrates how amazing and hard working you are....from the bottom of my heart.....

No comments:

Post a Comment