I am a child of the King, wife, mother, sister, friend, and 3rd grade teacher who is blessed beyond measure. I seek to venture through life with poise, grace, and style. Like every other woman, many days I fall short! But my heart is full and my dreams are big. If I make it through a day and bless my family or others in some small way, I consider it a success!
My personal style tends to be primarily bohemian: laid back, easy, comfy, and trendy. At the moment my staples are anything with fringe, gorgeous kimonos, all things flowy, destroyed jeans, and basic tees all topped off with a long pendant stacked over a delicate gold necklace OR a statement necklace around the neck.
3. Tell us about Trend and your vision behind it?
The idea for Trend was born over a breakfast conversation at IHOP with my husband. We both have big dreams and a great desire to serve others while building a legacy for our family. We've had many discussions about turning our passions into a business. We knew my passion for fashion and Rob's tenacious spirit were a perfect combination to start our own boutique! This has been the most exciting adventure I've ever taken!
In my thirties, I have been awakened to such a new sense of confidence that I never knew before. I want to impart the ability to feel confident from the inside out to women of all ages, shapes, and sizes. No woman stands taller than when she's dressed on the outside in a way that reflects her inner beauty.
A verse that has inspired me for Trend is Proverbs 31:25, "She is clothed in strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future." There is such beauty, strength, and inner peace in this verse.
4. What are your 3 favorite pieces in your boutique right now?
Hardest thing EVER to pick only 3, but here it goes:
1. This Sweater Tho: This open knit, slouchy sweater is such an awesome piece that you can take from winter to summer. I have both dressed it down with sweats or tights and dressed it up with pants and jeans. (HERE)
2. Go with the Flow: This flowy, figure flattering sun dress has such a fun, on-trend, totally wearable pattern and can be worn alone at the beach or paired with a denim vest for a day out shopping. (HERE)
3. Damsel in a Duster: Because I am just LOVING dusters right now. They are such an easy statement piece and can go over anything from shorts, jeans, tights, swimsuits...you name it!(HERE)
My fashion advice is first and foremost, to be comfortable in whatever you choose to wear. Take notice on what you're wearing on the days you feel best about yourself. Don't hesitate to use Pinterest or some of your favorite fashion blogs (like this one and yourfriendontrend.com) for inspiration. Work your favorite trends into your wardrobe only in ways you feel comfortable. What works on some, doesn't work on all! I love this quote by Judy Garland. "Be a first rate version of yourself not a second rate version of someone else."
I am definitely a customer and wanted to share some of my recent purchases from Trend and my wish list for the spring!
1. Chic Chambray (click HERE to purchase)
2. Barely Bell Top (click HERE to purchase)
3. Demigoddess Denim Tunic Dress (click HERE to purchase)
4. Cleopatra Necklace (click HERE to purchase)
Here are a couple of items I hope to purchase soon...I hope Joey is reading this!
The Cleopatra Necklace in WHITE! Perfect for Summer. (HERE)
This Sweater Tho in white. I love how Trend paired it with these stinkin' cute shorts! (HERE)
If you would like to check out Trend, you can start shopping HERE!