Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Thursday, January 3, 2013

No Interruptions and Some Freebies!!!

When I started at the campus I am at, I wanted to be a lil' beacon of positivity and help. I never wanted to say no to taking on a task or helping someone in need. Yet, after awhile people thought it was okay to interrupt counseling sessions which equals no bueno to me or my students. So I quickly created a cute door poster that I attached ribbon to so I could easily flip over outside my door. It has made a world of difference. I have two options! One from last year and one from this year!

You can download your own copy for free here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Counseling-in-Progress-Door-Sign

Find it here for free: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Come-on-In-Welcome-Sign

I just glued the come on in to one side of scrapbook paper and the session in progress to the other side, laminated, hole punched the top, added ribbon and hung it on a command strip hook. I will try to post pictures of mine at work soon. Sorry I am home on break!
You can find the counseling in progress sign here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Counseling-in-Progress-Sign

Another way that helps me in my counseling program is to give out appointment cards. I was using some cute lil cards I had made on vista print but after awhile it was easier to just print some. I don't have to use them too much because most of my regulars automatically come at their day and time but just in case...I give them these reminders. I had originally made it smaller but kids kept losing them and for some reason have kept up with this size. Only bummer is they print two to a page but like I said I haven't had to use them for all my students.
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Counselor-Appointment-Reminders

I don't know about all you other sweet counselors out there but I am enjoying my last couple of days of winter break! I head back Monday! Have a wonderful weekend and don't forget to follow Stylish School Counselor on blogger and on facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment