Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Sunday, January 27, 2013

You are of Value!!


I began another Friendship group last week and was so stinkin' excited about this activity we did!
It is from the Girls In Real Life Situations book (I talked about how amazing it is in a last post):
We started out by passing around our Kimochi and introducing ourselves and saying something unique about ourselves. It's funny how such simple things like holding a stuffed animal make it sooo fun!!


supplies and check in scale

Before the girls came in, I had printed off some coin pictures on yellow paper and had a treasure box ready. We talked about what our self esteem is and how we can impact it and how others impact it. I told them that it's good to see our weaknesses and struggles and things we want to work on  but it is also super duper important to focus in on our "treasures." We described "treasures" as things we are good at or things that make us special. Each girl took out 3 coins from our treasure box.
They then had the option to draw or write what their treasures are. We shared them with the group and added them to the box or they could take them home in an envelope they decorated. They loved this and it just melted my heart to see their smiles when they read their coins aloud to the group!!


I also spent a little time today working on a FREEBIE that I plan on getting printed pretty big at my local Walgreens and hanging (and possibly framing) in my office!

You can download your very own here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Counselor-Words




I also spent some time creating a little activity packet for the book A Bad Case of Tattle Tongue...I so CAN NOT wait to use it with our kinders and firsties who are in desparate need of this little lesson!!!


This can be found here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/A-Bad-Case-of-Tattle-Tongue-Activity-Packet

I hope to craft it up this week because I have seen so many cute ideas on fellow counseling blogs! I am also super excited about a solution focused training I will be going to on Thursday by Dr. Linda Metcalfe! Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment