Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Monday, January 26, 2015

Winter Wear To Work

Hey y'all! I am so excited to team up with the oh-so-beautiful and stylish Andrea over at JyJoyner Counselor blog. We are doing our Winter Wear to Work series and I couldn't be more excited. Honestly, my winter fashion has been a hodge podge of randomness. It has been a little bit of glam mixed with a whole lot of comfortable.

But first, let's "oooh and aaaah" over how cute Andrea is!! Here she is....

Yes we're back with one of my favorite topics...school counselor fashion!  I'm so excited to team up with my favorite school counselor/now assistant principal fashionista Melanie from The Stylish School Counselor Blog.  

We'd like to share some of our Winter Wear to Work Gear.

This season, I had a "little" obsession with wearing vests and thanks to jcrew, I went from owning 1 vest to 5 vests this season.  To justify my purchases I vowed to wear a vest at least once a week (makes sense right).

 Here are a few more wear to work gear looks:
Shirt: Nautica, Dress & Belt: Gap, Tights: Macy's, Boots: Coach

Cardigan: JCrew, Belt: Gap, Skirt: Banana Republic, Shoes: Bass Weguns

Scarf: Gift, Sweater: Gap, Pants: Banana Republic, Shoes: Cole Haan

Old Navy, Belt: Gap, Skirt: Thifted, Shoes: Bass Weguns, Necklace: Belk, Glasses: Kate Spade

 It's me....Melanie, again! Here is a little of what I have been wearing this winter!

Just like Andrea, I have been loving vests! I bought two this season. A furry black vest that I swear keeps me so warm and a white one that I wear with so much! 
Black fur vest (Apricot Lane), Dress (Nordstrom), Silver Tassel Necklace (Gap)
White Vest (Old Navy), Tunic (Groovy's), Scarf (Nordstrom), Skinny Jeans (Gap), Boots (Groovy's)
I have also been loving jewelry. Whether it's a bold pop of color or simply and dainty...I want to wear it all!!
Coral statement necklace and earrings (Charming Charlie)

Pendant and Drop Earrings (Kendra Scott)
 When the weather is cooler, scarves become my instant BFF! They always tend to tie an outfit together plus keep you warm!
Leopard Scarf (Nordstrom), Green Long Sleeve Tee (Express), Skinny Jeans (Gap), Boots (Target), Purse (Kate Spade)
Leopard Scarf (Nordstrom), Striped Dress (Groovy's)



And here is a pic to show how much I am lovin' these items altogether!!





Chunky Scarf (Nordstrom), White Vest (Old Navy), Tunic (Groovy's), Earrings (Kendra Scott)


I hope you join Andrea and myself during National School Counselor's Week for our School Counselor Fashion Challenge on Instagram and Facebook. We can't wait to see all of your style (guys and girls)!! Simply upload your outfit each day with #nscw15fashion


3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous on you. Especially with the bright lippy to match. I can see why you refer to it as your colour.

    Harold Burton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous dress and that bag looks so expensive but it’s not! Great find.
    Joseph Donahue

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not a huge love of wearing all black either, Sylvia! But just the other day, I saw a woman at the airport in all black, and it really worked. She had on different textures that made such an impact.
    Kelly Hubbard

    ReplyDelete