Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Sunday, October 4, 2020

Social Emotional Learning and This Week's Top 2

Happy Sunday! I hope you all had a chance for rest, renewal, and relaxation. I don't know what it is like where you are but in Texas the weather has been gorgeous! It has been in the 70's and low 80's which is total fall weather to us. I want to break out the flannel and boots and drink all the pumpkin spice lattes. I know...so basic. Haha.

With school back in session whether in person or virtual, the need for social emotional learning is bigger than ever before. We have students who may be struggling with anxiety, feeling overwhelmed, or struggling with emotional regulation. As a past teacher, school counselor, and administrator emotional regulation was always an area that many students needed support. When my husband and I began writing books, I dreamed of creating a social emotional learning series because of what I had learned working with students. I realized the value of SEL and the need to explicitly teach those skills to students. We cannot expect students to just know these skills, we have to teach them just as we do with academic skills. I am so excited that we finally began our SEL series: Thoughtful Bots. Thoughtful Bots was created to be simple, bright, and written in the form of social stories. You can check the books out below. 

My Angry Robot


My Mindful Robot

To accompany these books is a  FREE Printable!! This can be used for students to write or draw their strategies after reading the books. These would be great for a small group or SEL lesson. 

Here are a few examples from a Kindergarten and 1st grade kiddo. I love how one said their strategy to help them feel calm is to lay down and relax and eat ice cream (my love language).




I hope these will be helpful tools as a parent, teacher, or counselor! I am also doing a GIVEAWAY right now for copies of both books! Like The Stylish School Counselor on FB or follow Counseling_and_Confetti on Instagram for more information!

You can also check out Ackers' Books on FB and Instagram.

Now, for this week's Top 2 Fav Items! Each week I will be sharing two favorite items. I am trying to keep it simple. It may range from beauty products, food, accessories, and everything in between.

 

 This week, my #1 FAV item is the Tula Rose Glow and Get It Cooling and Brightening Eye Balm. I seriously get so excited using it every morning...especially when I stay up working late. It helps those under eye bags and helps me wake up in the morning with the cooling effect. 

 

I have been wearing my 2nd fav item on repeat this week. Y'all know it's all about the chains lately. This one is a great price and is the perfect layering piece. And, friends, it is $12!!! It is from one of my favorite shops, Groovy's. 


I hope you all have a great week. Don't forget that you can enter my Thoughtful Bots Book Giveaway! Details are on FB and Instagram.


Confetti & Hugs,

Melanie

Follow Me on Instagram @counseling_and_confetti


 




2 comments:

  1. RBSE Rajasthan Board Books Online or E-books are commonly loose to download and you can get them from RBSE Official website.Rbsesolutions.Com provides RBSE Books for in reality unfastened. Raj Board 1st Class Revised Syllabus You can get all topics and all training of Rajasthan Board Books like Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Science, Hindi, English, Social Science, Commerce, Rajasthan History Books, Rajasthan University Books, Rajasthan Geography Books, Rajasthan Hindi Granth Academy Books, Rajasthan NCERT Books, Rajasthan Gk Books.

    ReplyDelete