Header/Navigation Bar/Social Media Icons

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Who's Got Character? I do! I do!!


Today our district Character Counts! team visited schools who were finalists for the Character Counts! Award and we were one of them!!! I was so stinkin' excited and so were our kiddos. Although this is my first year as an elementary counselor, I have been thinking of ideas to implement for a successful character program for awhile now. Some of the things that we have implemented at our campus are:

*Caught In Good Character: Teachers, parents, and students can write who has done something based on the six pillars of character (trustworthiness, respect, caring, responsibility, citizenship, and fairness). I read them at announcements and post them in the hall. The kids LOVE this!!

*Character Council: A service group that does different projects that shine our character and spread kindness to others.

P.S. We even got lil' shirts and the kids were so rockin' them today!
*Bully Police: This is a program where we have Bully Officers in all grades that report bullying that they see. I will do a separate post on this and add the printables for free...but let me tell ya'.....this has been golden!

*Character Word of the Week: I read a character word of the week each day and I do word checks in the hall to see if the kiddos have been listening. I also announce on Thursdays that whichever teacher emails me the character word of the week first, wins a small prize. Love it!

*Teacher of the Month: We vote for Teacher of the Month based on a character word.

We are doing much more but I thought I would share some of the things I was doing on my campus. I don't know if we will win but it was such an honor having them visit our school!


I also just finished a little unit on Self Esteem, which you can find here:
http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Self-Esteem-Pack





It's a pretty short and simple pack! Don't worry I will definitely be posting some freebies though this week. I am also so excited about this new addition to my office which has already been put to good use today! My sister was cleaning out my niece's playroom and I knew this would have a home with my students!
I hope you all have a great rest of the week. I am super excited about spring break and enjoying it with these sweet kiddos!



Don't forget to like Stylish School Counselor on facebook with the link at the top of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment